Monday, December 16, 2013

CHRISTMAS INSPIRATION

I don't know about the rest of you out there....but we got a boat load of snow this past weekend here in Burlington, On.  I think we got over 30cm.  To be quite honest......it looks so lovely out there today....all that white, all that bright blue of the sky.  This past weekend we were at a curling bonspiel in a city about 50km away.  To say that it was an interesting drive there would be an understatement.  Here in my neck of the woods we aren't ususally inundated with Lake Effect Snow.  But of course Murphy had to rear his ugly head and dump a whole load of snow on us just when we had to travel.  It was a slightly white knuckle drive for part of the way.  For those of you out there familiar with driving in such conditions I know you sympathize,  And for those of you fortunate to have never driven such a hair raising, stomach twisting drive.....count yourselves lucky!  It was a long weekend....VERY LONG, LONG WEEKEND.  The boys played in a bonspiel (curling) with kids much older and way more experienced than they were.  They fought hard and played their hearts out and still it wasn't enough.  That's how it goes sometimes and it is a very hard lesson to learn at 13-heck it's a hard lesson to learn at any age.  Hopefully with a little time they will come to realize how friggin' amazing they truly are and the fact that they hung in there, didn't give up and didn't get completely blown out of the water..... well I hope they will get how good they are and how good they could be.
Anyways.....as I sit here looking out the back window at the lovely snow......30 odd cm of it!  The blue of the sky....it makes me think of the coming holidays.....and the type of idealic house that somehow looks all the more special this time of year.
I wanted to share such a house since it is so lovely and fits that bill:








Isn't it lovely??  Do you think there might by something like this for me under the tree come Christmas morning.....Oh a girl could wish!
What I love about this house is the use of the red accent.  To me it is used to perfection- just enough.  I love all the natural elements.  I love the contrasts of light and dark wood.
To see more just click on the link below the pics....you won't be dissappointed!

Have a great day everyone.
Megan

1 comment:

  1. Ahaa, its good conversation about this piece of writing here at this website, I have read all that, so now me also commenting at this place.
    Paints colour ideas Nepal
    Cheap paints colors Nepal
    Wall Paints Nepal

    ReplyDelete