Tuesday, November 19, 2013

SNOW QUEEN INFINITY COWL

Hey Everyone....I have been hard at work knitting....and knitting.....I have a new cowl pattern:
Snow Queen Infinity Cowl:






I just love her......so snuggy.....yet so stylish!!  And if you haven't noticed I loves me some cables.  I have always loved cables.  They add so much dimension to a project.  I wish I could express how much I love them.  I love how they cross and twist-they are just awesome........  And don't be intimidated by cables.  They are not as hard as they look.  Really!!  Once you understand the lingo and aren't afraid of moving stitches then it is easy.  It certainly slows things down a little as compared to straight knitting, but it is so worth it in the end.  And if you can master cabling without a cable needle- well it just makes it feel all the more awesome.  I will have to go into more depth about cabling without a cable needle another time- it is so amazing!!
I wanted to make a simply cabled infinity cowl in a creamy colour.  I think everyone should have at least one of these puppies in their wardrobe.  It goes with everything.  I think it is the kind of cowl that can look great with a more relaxed rugged look or dressed up with a great wool coat.  Plus the added bonus is that this cowl could certainly be unisex.  By choosing the correct yarn it would look great on any guy too!  Just remember to use yarn with great stitch definition.  A varigated or multi coloured yarn would not suit this as well as a yarn that is simple.  The star of the show is the cables afterall.  I think that is half the battle with knitting....choosing the correct yarn for the project.  I cannot tell you how many times I have seen a particular project and thought- if only they had chosen a different yarn.  I know it is personal and all....however, if you are going to spend all that time creating it and spending some money-isn't it better to pick the best yarn for that project?
I used the Martha Stewart Extra Soft Wool again....I love this yarn.  It has the most lovely subtle sheen.  It is so soft and is a great price point(especially if you have a coupon).  I think that this cowl would look great knit in some other yarns as well....perhaps Cascade 220, Valley Yarns Northampton, Classic Elite Yarns Liberty, Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran For a more drapier look try Valley Yarns Goshen.   The possibilites are endless........just chose a yarn that is smooth and has one colour for the best definition.
You can purchase the pattern in my Raverly store here.  And as always if you have any questions or comments you can always drop me a line.

Have a great day everyone.
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment