Thursday, November 28, 2013

UNI SCARF PATTERN

Hey everyone......hope all is well in everyone's Universe!  Happy Thanksgiving to our American friends!  I have a new pattern up for grabs.  It is, in my opinion, a great scarf that would be an awesome gift for that special guy or girl.  It can be a tricky thing designing something that is unisex and have universal appeal.
As you all know I LOVE Cables.  I just love designing them, I love knitting them and I love looking at them. There is just something about them.  They have such movement and texture.
It can be bought here at Ravelry

So without further ado...here is the new pattern:













I know that there is many of you out there that are intimidated by cables-  but don't be. They are not as difficult as you think.  You just have to give it a go.  The thing with this pattern is that it looks so complicated but it's not.  There are many rows of just plain knitting and purling.  So you aren't cabling every row.  Which is so nice for the newer knitter.  Yet the pattern is such that seasoned knitters will enjoy it too-at least I hope so!  The pattern is a 20 Row repeat, however, it is very easily memorized after a repeat or 2- really it is!!
The size of it is a healthy 7.5"x70".  Which is a great length for a scarf.

The yarn I used here is Diamond Yarn Galway Highland Heathers.  I used 3 Skeins to knit the scarf. Well more like 2 and 2/3rds .  Each skien is 200m in length. It is a true blue wool.  The kind of Highland wool you think of when one thinks of a "wooly" scarf.  As you know I love knitting with wool.  I love the feel of it as I knit.  I really liked this yarn to knit with.  It has such a great strength and character to it.  It also has great stitch definition which is key when knitting cables.  You wouldn't want to knit a great cabled piece and then not be able to see the beauty of the cables.  I see that happen so many times.....You really need to choose a yarn like above or one with great stitch definition.  If you are unsure- ask at your local Yarn Store- that is what they are there for.  You are putting so much effort into a piece-you want it to turn out just as you envisioned-Right??

Anyways....hope you like the new scarf.  I really loved designing and knitting it.
Have a great day everyone.
Megan

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous! I might have to make an attempt at this one... let the cursing begin!

    ReplyDelete