Monday, August 20, 2012

EASY PEAZY SCARF/SHAWLETTE

I have created a fine gauge scarf/shawlette with Debbie Bliss' Rialto Lace Yarn, see posting on this yarn here.  As I stated in the previous post it was a dream to knit with.  For the longest time I was VERY against knittng anything in a fine gauge.  But I have to say that this yarn is amazing.  I would definitely knit with it again.  It knits up beautifully and has such a lovely "hand" to it.
Here is the little project that is currently available through Ravelry.  I know that this is the third Easy Peazy Project pattern I have done, but, each one is slightly different and uses different yarns and variations of the Easy Peazy Pattern.
For those of you out there that have been hesitant to knit with a fine gauge yarn or were scared away with the word "lace", then this pattern may be just what you were looking for.  It is also a great little knit for those that wish to do something that is somewhat mindless.  AND.....  it only takes 1 ball of yarn!! I love 1 Ball Wonders!!  How awesome is that??  Especially if you are the type of person that makes a lot of gifts.  It really is a lot of bang for your buck!  Or $8.95 of them in fact.  Just try to find in the store an awesome knit scarf/shawlette for under $10.00.  And the yarn is 100% Extra Fine Merino Wool!!  Honestly I could go on and on.......
So....... without further ado, here it is:















Like I said I ONLY used 1 ball of the Rialto Lace.  The ball is 390m/50g ball.  I do have a very little bit left, just a little!!  It comes in many lovely colours.  The Scarf was knit on a 3.25mm circular needle.  A circular needle was used to accommodate all the stitches you end up with.  After knitting make sure that you block it so that the lace "opens" up.  It really does make a difference to block it.  You can either wet the item and lay flat and pin in place to the right size or you can steam block. I steam blocked this scarf.  I pin one edge and steam and pull into place and then pin in place while it cools down.  I will have to demonstrate that in the near future. And when you bind off make sure that you bind off loosely so that the edge of the scarf lays nicely and does not pull.  Some people go up a size of needle to bind off to accommodate this.  I just make sure that I am very easy with the yarn and don't pull too tightly when I bind off.  As stated in the pattern make sure that you bind off Purlwise as this helps with the rolling of the edge.

I hope you give this pattern a go.  It really is fairly easy to knit.
Have a great day everyone.
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment