Friday, October 19, 2012

FRIDAY UPDATE

So to start off ........  first thing this morning I was getting the boys lunches ready and I happened to look out our kitchen window.....  and what did I see way up in our huge walnut tree..... but a magnificent bird.  I am sure that we are visited many times by many birds of prey, but this time of the year when the leaves are leaving the tree, it sort of opens things up and makes things easier to see.  At first I thought it was a Peregrine Falcon.  We quite a few Peregrines in the area, but the bird I saw seemed a little bigger.  But it was hard to tell since it was way up there.  And I do mean way up there.  You see, our Walnut is probably 70-80 feet high and 100yrs old (or more).  So how lucky were we when that lovely bird sailed down and landed on our laundry post?  And this is what we saw....



This was such an amazing opportunity to be this close to a Red Tailed Hawk.  We are big geeks when it comes to this thing.  There we all stood- all 4 of us just watching this magnificent bird.  What an awesome way to start the day.......

I am currently trying to weave in the ends to my wrap.  I should have had the pattern up by now but I have kinda been dragging my heels.  I don't know why, it has sort of just been one of those unexplainable things.  I am currently fleshing out a couple of scarf patterns.

One uses Rowan 4 ply Pure Wool in the Eau de Nil colourway.  The other scarf using Patons Lace:




I can't even put into words how lovely this yarn is.  It is such a soft yarn.  I just wish I had \loads more so that I could make this amazing little sweater that I have been drooling over since last year....



When I say I love this sweater, I mean I really, really love it.

Anyways....
Have a great weekend everyone.
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment