Friday, October 12, 2012

MINK YARN!!

So.... I was in one of the yarn stores that I frequent- Spun and they had a new yarn in.  That yarn is Miya by Louts Yarns


This yarn is 70% Mink/20%Merino/10%Silk.  I can't even begin to tell you how soft this lovely yarn is.  Apparently to get the Mink fur they comb it out or sheer the little creatures!!  It is one of the softest yarns I have ever felt.  It is a fingering weight yarn and is $18.00/skein.  I think it is worth every penny.  I would love to know if anyone out there has knit with it yet.  My mind is ticking away with what I would make.  The yarn would be great for something that is drapey like a scarf or a dressy shawl.  What a great gift it would make!!  Here are the other colour is comes in



Spun had Spring Green, Aubergine, Antique Ruby and Trolley Grey.  I was really taken with the Green and the Purple.  GORGEOUS!!!

Apart from that I have been toiling away with my new Shawl Pattern that will be done soon.  It is a Ralph Lauren inspired one.  I love how he can put colours together.  I am also starting another scarf pattern as we speak that is similar to my Easy as Pie Scarf.  Will keep you updated.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment