Tuesday, October 2, 2012

117g OF HEAVEN WRAP

Hey Everyone!  So I am finished!!  I have finished my wrap!  The Debbie Bliss Party Angel yarn was really great to work with.



As I stated in a previous post it is made of 72% Kid Mohair/24% Silk/4% Metalized Polyester.  It was so great to knit with.  Some Mohair's can be a royal pain, but not this yarn!!  It truly is amazing to have it wrap around the shoulders with.  It is so light yet so lovely and warm.  And I LOVE the Silver thread that is in the yarn.  Adds a  little bling without being too disco!!  It was knit on a size 3.5mm needle.

Without further ado here is 117g of Heaven Warp:









I will say that the pics really change the colour of the wrap.  It is a very deep Charcoal gray with a Silver thread in real life.  Looks quite blue in the pics.
It ended up being 22" x 66".  It really is a great size to wrap up in but not be so unruly that you can't hang onto it.  And since it is made of Mohair you can even use it as a scarf as it isn't too bulky but is nice and lofty!
I can't even put into words how much I love this wrap/shawl.  It was relatively easy to knit.  I created it with 3 different easy lace patterns and some Garter Stitch.  It really is a lot of bang for your buck.  The yarn was $11.00 each and I did need 5, but it was sooo worth it.  It is something that I will have for a very long time.  I hope that those of you out there that have been hesitant in the past to try Mohair or Lace to give it a go.  It is very straight forward and the Party Angel was great to knit with.
The pattern is available on Ravelry .  The pattern is listed for sale for $3.99.

Have a great day everyone.
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment