Thursday, March 15, 2012

GIVE A LITTLE!!

Hey everyone!  Just a quick posting today.  I wanted to let those know who didn't already know about a foundation. It is a great foundation for those of us that can knit.  The foundation is called : Project Linus.  The foundation provides hand knit blankets to children who are seriously ill or have been traumatized in some way.  If you can knit this is a great organization to be a part of.  It is so easy to knit a blanket.  It doesn't have to be fancy- just big enough for a child or adolescent.  Your blankets can be dropped off at participating  stores and they will be given to the foundation.  My local yarn store Spun is a drop off for this foundation.  This is the blanket I donated:









You don't have to spend a fortune on yarn.  Stores always have sales on.  We who knit a lot have stashes.  So give a little of your time to make such a big difference in someones life.  I myself am knitting another blanket as we speak.  I was reminded lately by someone I dearly love that if you can, give of your time to someone else or to an organization.  Something so little can mean so much to someone else.  Please visit the Linus Foundations website on the link I provided.
Have a great day everyone.
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment