Thursday, March 22, 2012

WHAT DO I DO WITH YOU??

I have had a very special ball of yarn for 9 months now.  Behold..........




The ball I bought was actually Qiviuk and Silk.  It cost a small fortune.  I think I paid around $70.00 for this lovely little thing.  The color is gorgeous- navy.  As I have mentioned in the past, Qiviuk is the under fur of the Musk Ox.  One would think that such a "shaggy" beast would not produce such a lovely thing.  But if you have never felt Qiviuk it is sooooo  soft.  And it's not itchy at all.  Producers can only make so much of this lovely yarn so it is highly prized because of this.  Plus it is just so freakin' awesome!

So here is my dilemma.  I can't find what I want to make, can't make up my mind or can't design something to make with it.  I am STUMPED.  And it is driving me crazy!!  There are a few patterns available to make.  I even purchased one.  Turns out I can get it free on the Net- go figure.  Anyways.......  This is the pattern I was originally going to make:


The problem with the pattern is that it is a little more complicated than I was hoping for.  I could do it.  But, if you get a chance you should check out the pattern.  The pattern isn't easily memorized so I would be constantly reading the pattern.  Which makes knitting this lovely a very slow process.  Doesn't fit well with my personality.  So the search continues.......
Will keep you updated.



On a different note, our dining room is on it's way to being made GORGEOUS!!  Over the March Break we bought the materials to make High Wainscoting in there.  We are hoping  to do something like the following.....





Ours will be painted.  But it is a similar idea we are going for.  The trim will be sort of an Arts and Crafts hybrid.  I can't even begin to put into words how much I love trim.  It turns the boring into wow!!

Have a great day everyone
Megan

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing what you make with that!

    Fleur xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Fleur! Stay tuned! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete