Wednesday, July 25, 2012

DEBBIE BLISS RIALTO LACE YARN

Recently I was in one of my favourite yarn stores Spun and bought a ball of Debbie Bliss Rialto Lace.  It is $8.95 a ball and is around 380m.  I think that is fair price for a yarn that is so nice to the touch and knits up so great:



It is a ball of loveliness!!  It is such a gorgeous ball of yarn. I Usually steer clear of fine gauge yarn like this, but something made me pick it up and the rest is history!  It is a lace weight yarn at 33sts/4"  on a 2.75mm needle.  Like I said, I usually don't knit with such a fine gauge yarn. 
I can't even begin to describe it.  It is a 2 ply yarn that is fine, yet has some body to it.  It also has a bit of "springiness" to the yarn itself.  It knits up really nicely as well.
I am currently working on a project that I am designing (pattern to follow later).  I am using a 3.25mm needle and it is knitting up beautifully.  It knits up into a really nice texture too.  It isn't ultra smooth like some other yarns yet isn't so textured that it takes away from the simple pattern that I am doing.
And although it is 100% Wool, it is made of Merino Wool so the resulting yarn is soft and not itchy at all- yes Karen and Lisa, I said "Not Itchy"!!  It has such a nice hand to it.  So those of you out there that shy away from Wool, you should check out this yarn.














These are a few of the projects available from Debbie's Spring 2012 book.

if you also look in her Magazine for summer there are a few projects that also use Rialto Lace.







Here is what I have so far:











It really is great to work with.  And like I said, I am not usually a fan of fine gauge yarn.  Maybe it's the impatience in me, I don't know.  But usually a project knit with finer gauge yarn takes like forever!  But this is knitting up quite fast.
Anyways, just wanted to share the loveliness with you all.  The boys are at the cottage for their annual Cousins and Grandparents week without the parents so it is going to be VERY quiet around here for sure.

Have a great day everyone.
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment