Friday, July 6, 2012

GET YOUR PURPLE AND GREEN ON!





Those who know me know that I am a huge fan of tennis.  Always have been.  I especially love it this time of the year.   WIMBLEDON!!  For me Wimbledon is at the top of my bucket list.  I WILL get there one day.  You would think that having come from England originally and have since been back many times that I would have made the pilgrimage to Wimbledon.  Well, alas I have not....... SIGH!!!  But I will.  My goal is to get to all 4 majors in my lifetime; Australian Open, French Open, Wimbledon and the US Open.  But for me Wimbledon is special - it always has been.  So in honour of Wimbledon I thought I would share with you some inspirational colours that come from there - Purple and Green.  One thing that I always remember one of my teachers in design school saying was, "if your client wants a purple and green room, then you give them the best purple and green room!"  The point being, even if it isn't your thing and you don't even like it then do your damndest to make the best room possible for your client!  But the funny thing was it always made me think of Wimbledon when she said that!!
When looking at the colour scheme and you break it down it becomes quite obvious why they would choose these colours to go together.  For the Purple, I would imagine they chose it to represent Royalty.  for Purple has always symbolized all things royal.  Green was an obvious one too.  Wimbledon is played on Grass.  As for the white in there, well.....  one only plays in White at Wimbledon!























































I think these two colours look so great together is that they can be found in nature together.  You only have to look at a field of lavender to see that.






You only have to see these 2 amazing pics to see that purple and green really do look great together.
A lot of times people will buy/inherit a maple kitchen but have absolutely no idea what to put with it.
Well I am here to tell you to think of this: "NATURE GOES WITH NATURE".  What I am trying to say is, think of what Maple wood is.  It is a tree - what colours go with a tree?......  Green, Red and yellow.  Personally I would stay away from Yellow for the main colour since maple already has a yellow/golden undertone to it. But, put Maple with Green or Red and that Maple kitchen will look Fab!!

Have a great day everyone!
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment