Thursday, May 30, 2013

ORANGE IS ALRIGHT!

Hey Everyone!!!  I suppose I have been thinking a lot about the colour Orange as of late.  It is the colour in the logo of the company my Man is a part of.  When thinking about working on his office I had to keep this colour in mind....the closest colour match to the Pantone is Sharp Cheddar by Benjamin Moore:

Sharp Cheddar 2017-20

It really is an awesome Orange.  I will be posting later about his office.  So with all of this Orange on my mind I am kind of noticing it more.  I came across a few pics and wanted to share them with you all.......


Even if a lot of colour isn't your thing, you really have to admire the full on assault this room gives.  I love this paint colour:

Orange Appeal #124 Benjamin Moore

Not only is the colour fabulous but it looks amazing with the Chiang Mai fabric by Schumacher on the chair that is just visible in the above pic.


It is one of those fabrics that I LOVE.  I know that it isn't for everyone but I adore it.  You can do so much with it.  You can pull out so many colours to work with from it.  And I love that they chose that great Orange to work with.

And if you want to see a full on Orange that will blow your mind then see the following:






I love how brave and bold this is....go big or go home.  The Orange paint colour is Bold Orange IB63 by Ralph Lauren.  I too love how it is paired with that great red: Lattice Red IB53  Ralph Lauren.  Now some may ask...why a stark white floor in the above pic or a stark white Ceiling Fan?  Well there are times when as a designer you have to make certain decisions based on many factors.  One factor being the clients wishes.  They are after all..... your client.  They have the ultimate say.  Two and this is a pretty big one..... Budget.  Sometimes budget does not allow one to change certain elements in a room.  Changing out tile is a huge cost and a huge job.  The designer has tried to tie in elements so that the white floor isn't the only white element in the room....thus a white ceiling fan and bright white trim on the fireplace.  Well that's my take on it anyways.

I am sure that I will be revisiting this amazing colour in the future.
Have a great day everyone.
Megan

1 comment:

  1. Hi to all, as I am really eager of reading this website’s post to be updated on a regular basis. It carries good data.
    Paints colour ideas Nepal
    Wall Paints Nepal
    Cheap paints colors Nepal

    ReplyDelete