Friday, June 8, 2012

EYEBROW WINDOWS

I just love Architectural detail.  Whether it is trim or materials or windows,  I just love it when there is something about a home that sets it apart from everyone else on the block.  I know that is what we have been trying to do with our home.  Although we kinda had a head start in that department.  Since we live in an older part of town, the architecture tends to be a little different front the rest of the city.
I thought I would share with you all some great pics of eyebrow windows.  I love these type of windows- they provide not only light but some great architectural interest as well.  Enjoy:










Another thing I love about this house is the colour comb they have used here.  It is so unique.  Bet they are the only one on the block with this colour combo!!





Houzz






This little lovely ticks all the boxes for me.  I love Arts and Crafts style homes and this one does not disappoint.  And it has an eyebrow window too!




Not only is that a great eyebrow window but I couldn't help noticing all of the Bergenia at the front of the pick.  I have Bergenia in my garden but it never looked that good!






















This lovely is off of the "Hobbit House".  This window would fit right into the Shire!!










I just had to talk about this green!  WOW!  For a similar colour try either:


Benjamin Moore- Stem Green 2029-40 

Benjamin Moore-Rosemary Green 2029-30

Depending on your lighting conditions you could give either of these a go!!  But you definately want a green with some vibrancy and a yellow undertone to it.  The trick to getting this particular colour right is to not go too neon green!!








A great White paint for this space would be Benjamin Moore White Dove-CC 17

Benjamin Moore- White Dove





How ridiculously amazing are these eyebrow windows?  And just look at that ceiling.  Eyebrow windows make for some great ceilings and wall treatments on the interior of spaces.  You can get so creative!











Just a little eye candy for you all to enjoy!! 
Have a great weekend everyone!
Megan

3 comments:

  1. They are beautiful. I'm thinking bigger is better since I like lots of light!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful. I'm thinking bigger is better since I like lots of light!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are looking for an excellent contextual advertising company, I suggest you have a look at Propeller Ads.

    ReplyDelete