Wednesday, June 20, 2012

NAVY, MINT/AQUA AND RED

I happened upon a posting yesterday here.  It talks of Navy, Mint and Red.  Then it dawned on me, "That's my house too!"  I mean, I knew my house had those colours but it really hit home to see those words elsewhere.  And it made me think!  Where else are those colours?  I think they happen to look awesome together.  That's why I am doing them in my home.  You have seen a few pics I have posted for the living room and the dining room.  Here are a couple of refresher photos of those rooms and a few new little snapshots of Navy, Mint and Red from around the house.


You can just make out the wall colour in the kitchen - the lovely "Morning Jog" by Valspar - a lovely minty greeney blue.  And you can also just make out a corner of the island through the white chair - a lovely navy - "Mariner" by Martha Stewart.  And of course we have the Red of the dining room - "Hottie" by Para.  The funny thing is, I fought my INSTINCTS for so long about putting some sort of blue in the living room and kitchen.  Yet, it is the most perfect colour I have EVER put there!!





Again, here is the Living Room in "Morning Jog" by Valspar.  Can't say enough about this colour!!




Here are some other photos from around the house- - some new, some not so new!





















This pic is taken from the Kitchen into the Dining Room.  I just wanted to show the colours together.



Here are some other pics I have found on the web with the same colour scheme:





















Yes, yes....... I know!  I am slightly obsessed with this pattern!!!  I have an idea I am brewing to make with this pattern!

















I can't even put into words how lovley this pin is.  I's like a little packet of Joy!  Love, Love, Love the fabric.  And the pearl is the perfect complement to it too!  Check it out on the link I provided.













This has to be one of my favourite blogs that I go to everyday- House of Turquoise.  So much inspiration, can't say enough about this blog- it is awesome!!  Erin is everything Turquoise and that's why I love her blog everyday.  It's just a happy place to be!




Well that's about it for now.  I hope you have gotten some inspiration with Navy, Mint and Red.
Have a great day everyone.
Megan


No comments:

Post a Comment