Thursday, June 14, 2012

GROSGRAIN RIBBON WATCH

Another one of my favourite things on the planet is Grosgrain Ribbon.  What am I Oprah here??  But really....  I just think it is such a fun little thing. It is colourful, preppy and  did I mention OH SO PREPPY??  And you can do so much with it - that and a sewing machine!


















I think I have found my new clothing designer crush.  Alexis's clothing is so amazing.  He really does have great detail in his clothes.  And even though they are fashion forward they aren't so forward that they are unwearable by you and I.  Just GORGEOUS!!










































At J Caroline there is a great tutorial on how to make a grosgrain watch band.  The only thing I didn't do is Heat n' Bond the two ribbons together.  I sewed them together with matching thread.  The Heat n' Bond just won't hold up plus I like the look of the stitching.  Since I can sew a decent line I just held the 2 together and took my time sewing them together-Pins can sometimes snag the ribbon.  Acetate snags really easy.
Here is mine:










 even though the 1 ribbon is slightly wider than the other - even though on the package it stated they were the same -7/8",  I think that they still look great.  I can't wait to make more.  The ribbon, D Rings and the thread all came in under $10.00.  Plus I have tons of Ribbon left over for other projects.  Will be keeping my eye open for other ribbons to make more watch bands.  Note that when I tried to put the pin back in around the ribbon to hold it in place it sproinged up and out about 8'!!  I have NO idea where it jumped to!  I looked everywhere in my kitchen - even bribed the boys with a monetary reward if they found it.  Do you have any idea how small and awkward those springy pins are?  Lets just say I didn't know whether to laugh or cry!  So off to Sears Watch Repair to buy another pin - $3.00!!  Lets hope when I go to change the ribbon the pin doesn't SPROING up and out again!!

Anyways.... Hope you have enjoyed this little Grosgrain Ribbon inspiration today.
Have a great day everyone!
Megan



2 comments:

  1. I use Grosgrain as my handmade bag straps also :)
    Kaididstore.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post! Thanks for your share! You can get ribbons with 196 colors and 19 sizes for choice from Grosgrain Ribbon with the best deal!

    ReplyDelete