Tuesday, June 26, 2012

FAVOURITE PINK PAINT COLOURS

Hey everyone!  I got to thinking about Pink.  I think Pink is one of those very polarizing colours.  Either you like it or you don't.  I think the main reason that people have such a strong reaction to it is because we tend to make Pink very gender specific.
I am one of those people that really like pink.  Unfortunately I don't think I will be having much pink in my house for the next little while.  Living with 3 men kind of nixes the whole Pink thing.  But, wait!  I could do my office in pink.  Hmmmmm.....  now that's a thought!
I thought I would share some of my favourite Pink paints with you all.



If I had to pink my all time favourite Pink I would have to say it is Benjamin Moore's Whitewater Bay    OC-70.  It is the type of colour that is barely there.  It has a kiss of pink.


Benjamin Moore Whitewater Bay OC-70




I have searched high and low to find a room with this colour, but alas there isn't one to be found.  When I do I will share it with you all.




MIDDLETON PINK:

















Middleton pink is such a lovely pink.  To me it is one of those pinks that isn't too delicate without screaming Bubblegum.




ROMANTIC PINK;


Benjamin Moore- Romantic Pink 2004-70







This is one of those rooms that just gets stuck in your head!  I have always loved this room.  It is of course designed by the lovely Windsor Smith.  It think she is one of the best at doing eclectic.  It is the kind of eclectic that isn't to frenetic.  There seems to be a restrained sophistication to her rooms.  Can't say enough!

















PINK BEGONIA:


Benjamin Moore- Pink Begonia 2078-50



Another amazing room by Windsor Smith.  If you love Bubble gum pink then this pink is for you.




RAZZLE DAZZLE;

Benjamin Moore- Razzle Dazzle 1348

This is a full on deep Pink.  It is not for the faint of heart.  But if you have the courage the results could be stunning!!



When I first saw this hallway I gasped.  I thought, "how brave".  I thought, " how gorgeous!!"  It really is a showstopper.  If you want to make a statement then this is it!



Here is another shot but taken from above.



And here it is used in the "real world"





Another "real world" use of the colour Razzle Dazzle.  This time it was used in High Gloss paint.





How could you not be happy in this closet??  I think I would smile every time I walked in here!







I have always loved the combo of deep pink and navy blue.  It is one of my all time favorites!




PEONY:



Benjamin Moore- Peony 2079-30


This is my other favourite pink; Peony 2079-30 by Benjamin Moore.  To me it is the perfect fuchsia.  I have always wanted to use this colour.




















If I can ever find the other picture of this room I will show it  The ceiling in this bedroom is done is Peony.  I think that the wall tattoo is also in Peony.  The ceiling painted the deep pink of the Peony just lends a glow to the whole room.


I am also posting a link to Cityline. Sharon Grech (paint guru) did a plaid wall treatment that used Peony.  Go here to view it- it is really cute.

Well there you have it:  Some of my favourite pinks.  Will let you know if I let a little of this colour into my world.
Have a great day everyone.

Megan

2 comments:

  1. I know this is an old post, but I wanted to say thank you for the Whitewater Bay recommendation, which was seconded by the color advisor at a custom paint store. We were looking for just a touch of pink for our new daughter's nursery, and we ended up using Whitewater Bay. The color card makes it look so white-ish... but when it is on the wall it's just this amazing slight pink. If you want to avoid bubble gummy pink but still have a pink tone, it can't be beat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prelude by Thermalogic is a beautiful soft and luxurious faux silk on the front,Curtains store in Egypt  with a tough working thermal layer on the back which keeps cool air in during the summer heat and warm air in during winter, which saves you money on your energy bills.Curtains stores in Egypt

    ReplyDelete