Monday, June 4, 2012

LIBERTY LONDON

Hey everyone.  Just wanted to share with you some of my favourite fabrics from Liberty London.  I have been a huge fan of Liberty for like.... well....... FOREVER.  Their lawn fabric is the "bee's knees" for me.  Lawn fabric is a high quality cotton fabric that is very light in weight and hand yet the weave is very dense in thread count. I nearly went bug eyed in University having to do a thread count on some of this fabric! What does this mean for you?  It means you are getting an excellent quality fabric that is lightweight.  Which is super awesome when you want to make a drapey, flowy, dress or top.  I made a top out of some Liberty fabric 20 years ago.  Too bad I had to give it away- I got smaller-which isn't a bad thing except when you can't wear your fav's but have to find new fav's.  I suppose I will have to get my hands on some new Liberty Fabric and make myself something pretty.
Anyways, here is a few of my fav's right now out of Liberty London's fabric collection:
CAUTION: YOU MAY WANT TO GET A DROOL CATCHER FIRST BEFORE PROCEEDING:










I can't even put into words how much I love this outfit- would love to see The Man in this one.  If you follow the link above it will take you to a Handkerchief Tutorial.  Now that is something from a time gone by.....













This last one is my favourite by far.  All those different flowers, all those colours (red, white and blue).  I would love to get me some of this one!!

One other item I would love to get are these:

I literally said when I saw these and I quote, " OH COME ON!!"  Comfortable running shoes and Liberty- CRAZY TALK people!!  Now if I can wrangle up the 90 pounds (UK) which is around $150.00 Cdn I will snatch these little puppies up real quick- Oh to dream!!

Anyways.... just wanted to share a drool worthy moment with those of you that love (OK obsess) about fabric like I do.

Have a great day everyone.
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment