Thursday, June 21, 2012

PAPER BALL ORNAMENT

Well Ornaments aren't just for Christmas you know!  I happened upon some paper ornaments here.  I was over at Vera Bradley and they have a blog. I found a little craft while I was over there.  Now it wasn't as easy as it looks.  You have to have a ton of patience.  I recommend using a heavy paper or use photo paper like I did.
Here is their version;







They originally got the idea from How About Orange.  It is such a great site for crafts you have to check it out.
Here is How about Orange's version:





Aren't they just lovely?

This is my version:






How did I get such a pattern.  Well......  I copied a pic of Vera Bradley's Summer Cottage pattern.  No copyright infringement intended at all!!  I just wanted to do a little craft!



   Tiled it in Corel Draw so that the whole page was covered in the pattern :



Now let me say that I am in no way going to sell, or use this pattern for selling anything.  The last thing I want to do is steal someone else's work and ---  a. pass it off as my own and b.  try to make any money with it.  I fell in love with the pattern and wanted to use it in my home.  I just wanted to tell you how I did my version is all.  I fell for the the pattern and the colours.  Would love to get a hold of some of this my friends!
Now if only Vera Bradley would sell this pattern in fabric I would be so there, 1st in line!!

Check out Inside Stitch.  It is great for inspiration.  Thanks Vera for getting my creative juices flowing as it were.
Have a great day everyone.
Megan


No comments:

Post a Comment