Tuesday, June 12, 2012

FLOWER CENTERPIECE

Do you know how much this centerpiece cost? I am talking the flowers here:



Apart from the vase which I bought many, many years ago, the flowers cost- NOTHING!!  Yea!
My Mum in Law gave me a couple of roses she had and the rest came from the garden.
The large leaves are from one of my Hostas.  The fuzzy magenta flowers are from a Spirea.  The grayish stems are from a Dusty Miller.  A little note about he Dusty Miller is that I planted them last year and I forgot to pull them in the fall.  Well we had a very mild winter and they went dorment and they survived!  They are very big so far.  So I cut off the flower stems and added them to the bouquet.  The tall red flowers are the flower part of a Heuchera.  I wanted to make a bouquet but I wasn't in the mood to spend.  So off to the garden I went.  I love it when I can pull something together out of what is available.  So what I guess I am saying.... look around and be creative-you never know what you may be able to pull off!


Just as a side note- the Red Glasses I purchased at Home Sense a couple of years ago for $3.99 a piece!  How could I not at that price??  The lanterns I spoke of in another posting.  The lanterns were originally Navy and were purchased at Ikea.  The clear glasses were also purchased at Home Sense- they are pressed glass and I have 2 different types- one with a bee motif and another a shell motif.  To say that I love them would be an understatement.  I originally saw them in a store.  They are pressed glass and are made in France.  They tend to be a little pricey but they were very reasonable at Home Sense.  The Vase-well I have had that for donkeys years. I cannot remember where or when I bought it.  But it is my favourite.  It is not expensive but when you love something-cost just doesn't come into it!!  And finally the runner-I made that one myself a few years ago out of remnants I had lying around.
So there you have it.

Have a great day everyone.
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment