Friday, November 30, 2012

KNIT SKIRTS 2.0

When I posted about the two skirts that I would love to make I completely forgot to include one that I have also loved for awhile.  And it is again a lovely skirt by Cecily Glowik McDonald.   It is available here at Quince and Co. and here at Ravelry. 
I love the combination of colours that she used.  If it were up to me I would make mine out of



The yarn is known as Tern and is 28sts/4" and is 75% Wool/25% Silk.  I am hoping to sometime in the future make this lovely skirt.

Here she is:



How lovely is she?  I really like the contrast detail at the hem as well as the subtle pattern in the skirt itself.
Cannot wait to make this little lovely.
I am not sure why I am hell bent on these skirts as of late??  Maybe it is because winter has set in here, all the leaves are off the trees and everything is colder and more gray.  I really am a summer gal.  maybe knitting these will help me get through until I can wear capri's and flip flop's again!  Although I will say I do love to wear a nice sweater or two, my suede jacket, my brown boots and I LOVE having snow for winter.
Have a great day everyone.
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment