Thursday, November 1, 2012

GAMBREL ROOFS



I have always loved the look of a Gambrel Roof.  It has such great lines to it.  I happened upon this lovely house on Houzz.  I was immediately taken by the roofline and the colours/materials used.  Just plunk this puppy down on my property and I would be one happy camper.  It has so much going on in terms of interest without being frenetic.






These lovely pics are from Hendel Homes . 




It is so great to see interior shots of Gambrels where they have actually used the roofline to a design advantage inside.  The pic below is the exterior.






















I have admired this lovely home for some time now.  I just love everything about it!!













The following 3 pics are modrn interpretations of Gambrel roofs.












I hope that this has given you all a little Architectural Inspiration for the day.
Have a great day everyone.
Megan

2 comments:

  1. What a fine roof the first house has! Oftentimes, I see gambrel roofs on barns, and they’re usually only of one color. So, this two-tone roof is definitely set apart by the way the roof lines are well-defined. Why don’t you replace your roof with this one? I can see that you really love it. :] You know, giving in would be completely justifiable because gambrel roofs are also known to withstand extreme weather. -->Richard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Richard- if only it were that easy..... I would love to. Unfortunately it always comes back to money..... But a girl can dream!

    ReplyDelete