Friday, March 8, 2013

NEW SCARF PATTERN

Hey Everyone- just a quick posting today.....  It is finally finished!  I am not sure why it took me so long. I would knit it and then another idea would pop into my head and I would work on that and so on...... However, I am really pleased with how it turned out.  Here is the new scarf:

















I wanted to incorporate both some lace work and cables again.  I really like this pattern because even though it looks complicated it isn't really.  I find myself really drawn to the finer gauge knitting projects lately.  Maybe it's because there isn't any out there.  I also love it when there is a vintagy vibe to the projects.

I used Patons Lace again using 2.75mm needles.  I find it knits up really nicely and really complements this style of  pattern.  It has such nice stitch definition but yet has a fuzziness to it.  Perfect for this type of project.  I find that using this gauge of yarn 26-30sts/4", it alllows me to add in a lot of detail.  Love it!!    I will be sourcing out a new yarn with the next one I am currently hammering out. Maybe Regia Angora Merino???
 The colourway for this scarf is Mystic Teal.  It is such a pretty colour.  Info on the yarn can be found here.
I had to buy 2 balls of the yarn but ended up only using about 15-20g of the second ball.  The finished dimensions were 7" x 66".  But you could certainly make the scarf much longer.....These are the final measurements AFTER blocking.  You really do have to block this scarf in order for the meandering lacey "cable" to stand out.  That is the great thing about this type of lacework it gives the impression of a cable yet it is just YO's, SSK and K2Tog- awesome.  Although you will have to do regular cabling with the "baby" cable.  There is just something about fine little cables that I just love!

I will be loading the pattern on Ravelry today and will be available for $3.99.

Now that that is done it is on to the next one.......

Have a great day everyone!
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment