Thursday, March 28, 2013

MODERN BUILD

Hey Everyone!  As you know I am more of a traditional kinda girl, however, I came across this amazing modern home that I just had to share.  It is designed by Capoferro.  I really love it- I MEAN REALLY LOVE IT!!  Maybe it's the elegant simplicity of the design, the use of the wood or that it's just so freakin' amazing!!!

Enjoy:





This is such a great example of thinking out of the box!  Using hardwood flooring on the ceiling- looks fabulous here...at least I think that's hardwood flooring.



Although this isn't a "working" fireplace it certainly conveys the feeling of one.  This is a great example of doing a faux fireplace that really looks as if it could work.





The staircase- I sigh!!


I truly adore that Palazzo Pendant.  This great pendant would look fabulous over an island as well!






How amazing is this Interior???  I truly love the use of wood throughout.  However it is balanced by a lot of white so that it doesn't feel heavy or opressive.  And who doesn't love a great Eileen Gray table or an Eames chair??  And to top it off they are Canadian!!
If you want to achieve a similar look with regards to the furnishings then head over to DWR.
You can click on the following to links:
Eames Chair 1
Eames Chair 2
Wassily Chair
Eileen Gray Table
Palazzo Pendant


Have a great day everyone.
Megan

1 comment: