Tuesday, March 12, 2013

NICE NEW BUILD AND WHAT NOT TA!!

Hey Everyone!  It is March Break here and so I will not be posting as I usually do.  But I wanted to share a quick posting with you all.... There is a new build here in Burlington that is in a great location.  Well I think it is a great location....It backs onto a fantastic park right in the heart of Burlington......

Here is a couple of pics:




For the most part this build seems pretty nice...I haven't been through it myself yet- maybe I will...  However, what caught my eye was in the Family Room at the back of the house....behold:


Can you see it???  You got it!!  THAT FIREPLACE!!!!  As I have said in the past... I am not here to cause trouble and to rant for the sake of ranting.  However, when I see something like this I just have to voice my opinion and hopefully stop others from making the same mistake.  It is absolutely ridiculous from a design and functionality point of view to have a fireplace as the one above !!!  A fireplace should NEVER be placed like this.  Forget the fact that it looks like a hole in the wall instead of the wonderful fireplace it could be.  It's like it doesn't know what it is.  It is trying to be contemporary with that stone and no mantle but it's not contemporary enough to not have a mantle.  Having a wall stoned like that between two sets of doors... well????   Forget window treatments!!  Well forget drapes at least, they just won't work here.  For those of you out there who are thinking of installing a fireplace....place it on a wall as a focal point.  This may be trying to be a focal point but it is a HOT MESS!!  In my humble opinion a fireplace should be on a wall that can "hold" it.  This is an example of a wall that CANNOT "hold it."

This would be a deal breaker for me as far as purchasing the house if I were in the market to do so.

Like I said I just wanted to point out this design flaw so that others out there do not do the same-you will regret it.

Hopefully I will be able to post this week but with the boys home for March Break...well we will see.

Have a great day everyone.
Megan

2 comments:

  1. It does all look amazing! I love the changes, and that new entry is beautiful! Great job!
    Kitchen designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you were looking at the wrong pictures!!

      Delete