Wednesday, March 6, 2013

THE GRAYS!

Hey Everyone!  As I talked about a little while ago it is time for me to get my butt in gear and freshen up my Master Bedroom!  Only been talking about it for a year!! ARGH!!  At first I had wanted to paint the walls Light Blue by Farrow and Ball.  But now I want to go in a slightly different direction and do a very pale gray.  It will look really nice with all the navy I want to work with!

I have a couple of grays in mind:

Benjamin Moore: Intense White OC-51

Benjamin Moore: Paper White OC-55

Benjamin Moore: Wickham Gray HC-171


I love Intense White- for me it is that perfect gray without a green, purple, overly blue or pink undertone to it.   Paper White is so lovely and light as well but with a bluer undertone.  Wickham Gray is also a great neutral gray in that it does not have a green, or brown undertone to it.  To me it would tend to go towards more of a blue if I had to pick an undertone-but it is still very neutral.

Here is some examples of these great grays.

Wickham Gray HC-171



Wickham Gray HC-171



Wickham Gray HC-171



Benjamin Moore: Paper White OC-55



Benjamin Moore: Paper White OC-55





Benjamin Moore: Intense White OC-51



Benjamin Moore: Intense White OC-51



Benjamin Moore: Intense White OC-51


So there you have it.  I am going to get testers so that I can be sure that I am picking the right gray with the right undertone to it.
Will keep you all posted.
Have a great day everyone!
Megan

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, love all the inspiration! Thank for sharing this.
    Interior design in lucknow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which gray did you end up using?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Xanthippe- I haven't picked one yet.....the Master always seems to take a backseat....but I will get there! Stay tuned.

      Delete
  3. Hi! I'm using Paper White across our home right now and wonder which WHITE you use for trim. Starting on trim this weekend...

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete